MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Yummy summer recipie

No pictures today, but I do have the recipie for the salad I just made to take to friends tonight. This one is really nice for a warm summer day. I haven't made it for awhile even tho it is a special favourite.

GARDEN SALAD PIE
small pkg. lime jello
1 cup water
--
1/2 cup applesauce
2 T. lemon juice
---
1/2 c. shredded zucchini (including skin)
1/2 c. shredded carrot
2 T. fine chopped green pepper
2 T. fine chopped onion
--
1 cup dry cottage cheese (I sometimes use just the regular & drain it a bit)
1 tsp. fine shredded lemon peel
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt & a little pepper

Combine jello and hot water. Add applesauce & lemon juice. Chill til partially set. Fold in the vegetables. Turn into a 9" pie plate. Chill til firm.
Combine cottage cheese, lemon peel, sour cream, salt & pepper and spread over jello layer. Chill. Cut in wedges to serve. I sometimes just put it in a bowl if our pie plate already has pie in it!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.