MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Guild meeting and Studio Friday topic (Kym don't read this!)

Sorry folks, no pictures today. I haven't had time to take any! Today was our final quilt guild meeting for the year and, as usual, I ate too much. We have a potluck lunch and by the time over a hundred women bring goodies, it's simply too much. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach ought to be! It was a nice and fun meeting and my last to act as librarian. I won't know what to do with myself next year. After at least five years I think it's time someone else had the pleasure of the job.

I think we shocked the general populus of the guild when Kym, Irene and I (known today as the CQTeer Babes) displayed our wild & funky bras. There was a great deal of laughter, so I think people enjoyed it. I'm sure there were a few straight-laced people who were a bit disgusted, but it's their loss. We had fun. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of our efforts later on. The ultimate aim out of all this was for us to create a small quilt (using photo transfers of our bras) for donating next year to THE QUILT.

Now, despite the objections of certain of my readers, it's on to the topic for Studio Friday - which is 'favourite art supplies'. After some thought, I realized that my favourite would have to be my books, followed closely by my beads. Since I have already posted a picture of my book shelf (and because 'certain' people are fed up with studio pictures) I won't bore everybody with another picture. Neither will I bore you with a picture of my beads! I also don't think I'd better bore you with any details about 'Try-It Tuesdays'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.