MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

CQTeers meeting today

We had our monthly CQTeers meeting at Kyms today and had fun, as we always do. After we exchanged our latest atc's we went on to trying three different methods of transfering images. Sue showed us how to transfer using turpentine, which was a completely new thing. I had read about it in Judith Baker Montano's book, but had never tried it. Kym showed us how to transfer using a product specifically created for that (the name of the product escapes me, of course). I told them how to do a transfer using a collage image and packing tape. I hadn't tried it before, but the instructions were on the ArtChix site and they turned out rather well. All in all, a fun day!

This picture is of my bead storage cabinet, open so you can see something of my storage system inside. I forgot to open the bottom doors, but trust me, better you don't see the mess inside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.