MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

the first 'art' doll

Today's picture is of the first 'art doll' I made. She came from an elinor peace bailey pattern and is quite the granny, sitting in her rocking chair. Her hair began as a hairpiece (from the dollar store) and I added a bunch of varying fibres to liven it up a bit. Her hat is a felted piece of wool that I moistened with a white glue/water mixture and then shaped. Poor dolly has a couple of old hat pins rammed into her head to hold the hat on (ouch). Her shawl is a garage sale find and I'm told it is something that women wear over their hair when they are in church. Made a perfect shawl anyway. It was my first attempt at making fingers and I'm fully aware that I need to spend some time practicing. They turned out much too big. I don't think you can see in the picture, but she has funky blue nail polish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.