MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Crazy Quilt Round Robin Bag


My friend Kym was here for a 'sew day' today and very graciously installed my software for the digital camera! So...here's what I hope will be the first of many more pictures of what-I-do-when-I-should-be-doing-housework. This is the completed crazy quilt purse that my group worked on as a round robin. I am absolutely thrilled with the end result! I think (hope!) that you can click on the pictures and get an enlarged version so you can see the detail. I have a very talented group of friends and I love what they did on this.

Finished another UFO yesterday and worked on another while Kym was here. Just have a bit of finishing to do on it, and another one bites the dust. I'm on a roll! I'm eyeing my bead knitted half doll, but shudder when I think about having to transfer all those beads from the skeins. Wish I could wave my magic wand and have that part done!

Kym and I hit the dollar store this afternoon and scored some pretty cool stuff. Even got some Christmas shopping done!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Hey, hey ... way to go Kym aka Betty Boop !!!! the bag looks wonderful MA ... nice to see it completed and recognize some of the stitches I'd added to it

    Must get mine stitched up now.

    Re: the beaded dolls skirt, just transfer 3 or 4 threads of beads from the hank at a time, knit those rows ... then transfer some more beads. I know you'll need to cut and tie the pearl cotton but it's easily woven in on the seam on the skirt when you're done. Make the knitting a whoooooollllle lot more manageable. You know to stop at the end of a row and never in the middle of one I think.

    hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.