MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Magpie's Mumblings

Laughing, Talking and Creating

Yep, that's what I've spent the day doing. Oh yes...I forgot to mention, we did a lot of eating too...chocolate, of course! Today was our monthly CQTeers meeting where we exchange atc's, have a show and tell (or bring and brag, depending on how you want to look at it), and generally learn a new technique. Today Sue showed us a simple way to make envelopes for our atc's, but also adaptable to pretty much any size we require. We also had a demo/practice with a type of stamp pad glue to see how it worked with aluminum leaf and different types of glitter.

I have promised to demo a transfer technique for next month using packing tape and images. Guess I'm going to have to cut into my collage papers I got from ArtChixStudio in order to test it for myself first. I've been putting off actually doing anything with them because they seem too nice to cut up! I remember having the same problem when I first started doing CQ. I hated cutting up what seemed to be a perfectly good blouse or skirt in order to have nice (cheap) fabrics to work with. I got over it in a hurry, so hope that's what will happen with these too.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved the stuff you brought to show us from ArtChixStudio. I definitely have to check out that site!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.