MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Magpie's Mumblings

Life In General

Well, I finished the seat cushion covers, much to the detriment of my hands. However, I can console myself with the fact that the chairs are going to look much better this summer. Anything is better than the 'duct-tape' look we had before. If Jack's garden ends up on the garden tour this year, at least the chairs might look nice.

Just finished reading a very interesting book - A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. After all the controversy over it, I thought it would be worth checking out. Actually I think it is a very good book and certainly makes you think about what actually happens in the world of an addict. Whether the book is truthful or not, only the author knows for sure. In my opinion, it may not be complete truth but I certainly feel that Frey has to have lived a lot of it in order to write so convincingly. Not only that, I found his writing style to be very different, which made the book much more believable too.

We have company coming for supper tonight, so I guess I won't be doing much in the creative line today. I have to decide which project I will tackle next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.